.: HellyMS :.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The buff guide for the newbies(boost ur dmg or check out the skills here!)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

richprince

richprince
Member+
Member+

Table of Contents

I. Understanding Each Skill

II. Knowing Where to Start

III. Required Jobs and Skills
i. Magician > Cleric > Priest > Bishop
ii. Rogue > Assassin > Hermit > Night Lord
iii. Swordman > Fighter > Crusader > Hero
iv. Swordman > Page > White Knight > Paladin
v. Archer > Hunter > Ranger > Bowmaster
vi. Pirate > Gunslinger > Outlaw > Corsair
vii. Dawn Warrior
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I. Understanding Each Skill

Before you start walking around like you own the place with your newly found high damage, you have to make sure you know what each skill is used for and when to use it. In part three of this guide I will tell you the basic buffs that you will need in your journey on PockyMS. Before applying these skills to a hotkey, read the description and find out a little about each and every one of them.

II. Knowing Where to Start

Many people think that the best job to start with on a private server is an Assassin. Assassin's are good for DPS and perfect bossing. On GMS, MSEA, KMS or any other normal Maplestory server you can think of Sin's are a great way to go (even though they can put a nice hole in your pocket). Sin's are always the first to be added into any party on GMS for one reason; the boss. When you begin the game, you should be focused more on mobbing than on DPS. One of the great mobbing classes is a Bishop. A Bishop is a 4th job Cleric, which is one of the three second jobs for a Magician. A Bishop is great for mobbing undead/unholy monsters such as Skelegons and Zombies. For a third job Cleric, a Priest, they get their second great mobbing skill; Shining Ray. For a Bishop, you can sit back, relax and simply hold down a button with Genesis.

III. Required Jobs and Skills

i. Magician > Cleric > Priest > Bishop

Magic Guard - This skill is NOT required but you have the choice to use it or not. I don't on my character because I usually train at MiniLand and they only do 1 damage.

Holy Symbol - Boosts the EXP gain of at least two players by up to 1.5x. If not in a party, or without another party member in the same map, Holy Symbol has a lesser effect. Requires 3 points in Dispel. Max is 30 points.

Resurrection - Revive dead party members using holy magic. Cooldown timer and MP usage decreases with higher skill level. Max SP 10 points.

ii. Rogue > Assassin > Hermit > Night Lord

Haste - Increases the party's speed and jump to incredible proportions. Maxes at 20 points.

Flash Jump - Shoots forward a large distance in mid-air. Fastest movement skill in the game. Requires 5 points in Avenger. Max is 20 points

Maple Warrior - Increase party's every stats by certain percentage.

iii. Swordman > Fighter > Crusader > Hero

Combo Attack - This skill starts a "Combo Meter", which increases in number of "orbs" by attacking monsters. The "orbs" are used in the two finishers, Panic and Coma, and as long as Combo Attack is active, damage is also increased. Max is 30 points.

Stance - With great concentration and intestinal fortitude, enables one to stay at the same spot even after monster's attack.

iv. Swordman > Page > White Knight > Paladin

Holy Charge - For a duration, a holy charge is granted to the sword. If Charge Blow is used while Holy Charge is active, the charge dissipates.

Fire Charge: Sword - Gives a character's attack a fire element for a set period of time, as well as a bit of power boost. Max is 30 points. More enemies in the current version are weak to fire than ice or lightning.

Ice Charge: Sword - Gives a character's attack an ice element for a set period of time. Not much power boost, if any at all, but monsters attacked will be frozen unless immune. Max is 30 points.

Thunder Charge: Sword - Gives a character's attack a lightning element for a set period of time. Largest power boost of all three charges, but very few enemies currently with a weakness to lightning. Max is 30 points.

v. Archer > Hunter > Ranger > Bowmaster

Sharp Eyes - Sharp Eyes is a temporary buff that enables party members to perform critical attacks. Critical Shot and Critical Throw will also be enhanced.

Phoenix - A pheonix is temporarily summoned, continuously blasting up to 4 monsters with fire. (Prerequisite: Silver Hawk, Level 15)

vi. Pirate > Gunslinger > Outlaw > Corsair

Octopus - Summons an Octopus to attack enemies with a jet of ink. However, the octopus cannot move. This skill has a 10-second Cooldown. Max level is 30.

Gaviota - Summons a seagull trained to drop bombs on enemies. The gull attacks up to three enemies and has a cooldown of 10 seconds. Max level is 30.

Air Strike - Attacks up to six enemies with the Gaviota's bomb attack. Requires Gaviota level 15.

vii. Dawn Warrior

Echo of Hero - Increase weapon attack and magic attack on all players around.

Soul Blade - Transforms invisible Soul into visible form and inflicts damage on an enemy.

Brandish - Enables two attacks on multiple monsters nearby.

Soul Charge - Empower the sword with sanctity attribute for a given duration.

Soul Driver - Attack multiple monsters 4 times at once via the power of soul.

IMPORTANT NOTE(S): You will need Booster depending on your weapon. (i.e.- Sword = Sword Booster, Claw = Claw Booster, etc)

For those who are curious about Shadow Partner; If you wish to use Sin or Bowmaster skills when you keep rebirthing into a beginner Shadow Partner will be needed. SP will double your attacks, therefore making it easier on yourself.

Please, no rude comments. This is for new players that might want a few tips when it comes to a new server, especially if they're coming from v55 or v62 or v75 or v83. If you want all four elemental buffs go ahead and use them. I am NOT saying that you can't use any other buffs. Feel free to add any.

2The buff guide for the newbies(boost ur dmg or check out the skills here!) Empty ... Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:14 am

Everflame

Everflame

Just a Question why are u posting this :D the fun in being a newcomer in MS private servers is to test all the skills by yourself and learn it that way :stary well atleast thats my opinion :sparkling this may be seen negatively but its not. just sayin :stary

kyle

kyle

i think that in this server you do not need to follow a specific order as you are able to change job in 2 min thus no need to be so strict

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum