.: HellyMS :.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intellectual discussion

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Intellectual discussion Empty Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 am

Quantum

Quantum
Member+
Member+

Do you think tachyons are a acceptable anomaly in the fabric of space and time? At such super-luminar speed it could travel backwards in time. Maybe that's just a consequence of our existence. We live forwards in time whilst they experience time backwards.

2Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am

Tetrimino

Tetrimino
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

MORE CRUMPETS AND TEA, GOOD SIR.

3Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:54 am

Quantum

Quantum
Member+
Member+

Oh I'm always up for crumpets and tea, sir. Jolly good day to you

4Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 am

Tetrimino

Tetrimino
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

.. i cant handle the intelligence

5Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 am

Goddess

Goddess
Alpha
Alpha

Astounding theory!
I have been mind-blown!

6Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

Yulia

Yulia
Alpha
Alpha

The problem with tachyons is that its completely hypothetical; at, like you said, super luminal speed, it would travel in time, in the reverse direction.

But you'd need infinite energy just to accelerate to light, and only past infinity to go superluminal?

:sparkling

7Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:36 am

Quantum

Quantum
Member+
Member+

one explanation: tachyons have imaginary mass. therefore they need to go at super luminar speeds to simply exist. and you're right, they are hypothetical, but it's an anomaly derived form the M-Theory.
It feels good to continue this. \\

8Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am

Yulia

Yulia
Alpha
Alpha

Quantum wrote:tachyons have imaginary mass.
Quantum wrote:imaginary mass.
Quantum wrote:imaginary.

σ.σ

9Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 am

Quantum

Quantum
Member+
Member+

yeah it's hard to visualize, but mathematics are easier to deal with.

10Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:48 am

Goddess

Goddess
Alpha
Alpha

Lord.
IT FEELS LIKE I'M GETTING SHOT REPETITIVELY AS THIS THREAD PROGRESSES.

What is life,
I'm now living in a backwards motion because of this...

11Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 am

Yulia

Yulia
Alpha
Alpha

actually, it doesn't have a geometric visualization in real space,
i suppose if you go to the imaginary space, but I haven't learned that yet :stary

all I know so far are vector spaces :(

12Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:52 am

Quantum

Quantum
Member+
Member+

very impressive. i'm only skimming imaginary space as well

13Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 pm

kyle

kyle

einstein has said that if you travel at the speed of light, you will become light itself
also it is impossible to travel at that speed, cos your mass will be like 300mill times your normal mass......

14Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Yulia

Yulia
Alpha
Alpha

kyle wrote:einstein has said that if you travel at the speed of light, you will become light itself
also it is impossible to travel at that speed, cos your mass will be like 300mill times your normal mass......

yeah, bascially what happens in the relativity equation is that that there is a fraction in the denominator

i think it was along the lines of square root of velocity of light minus velocity of object

so if your velocity exceeds that of light, that expression will make the entire equation null :hot :hot

15Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:11 am

kyle

kyle

Yulia wrote:
kyle wrote:einstein has said that if you travel at the speed of light, you will become light itself

yeah, bascially what happens in the relativity equation is that that there is a fraction in the denominator

i think it was along the lines of square root of velocity of light minus velocity of object

so if your velocity exceeds that of light, that expression will make the entire equation null :hot :hot

sorry but i havn't learn that far in physics. I am more interested in chemistry LOL

Will there be an element that has a density a lot larger than any of the elements here? Scientists have prove that meteorite in the universe has some specimum that has a possibility to prove that.

16Intellectual discussion Empty Re: Intellectual discussion Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:06 am

Tetrimino

Tetrimino
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Spoiler:

Oh geez. LMFAO.

PI EQUALS 3.14159...

And I also have ran out of tea. May I have some moar!1!!!!1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum